Community Grants: grant programs for organizations, schools, governmental unit, department, or agency of state of Minnesota
Five Wings Arts Council provides funding to organizations and artists in Cass, Crow Wing, Todd, Morrison or Wadena counties. A variety of grant programs are available to produce, present, and/or promote arts projects in Region Five.
The FWAC staff is ready and willing to assist applicants in providing feedback about project ideas and pre-review your grant application. Read on to find out more about each of our grant programs. All applications are online and can be accessed by clicking this link: FWAC ONLINE GRANTS
COMMUNITY ARTS ACCESS PROJECT GRANTS
Matching grants up to $5,000 are available to organizations that reside in Todd, Morrison, Wadena, Cass and Crow Wing Counties of Minnesota. The applicant must be a Minnesota non-profit, tax-exempt organization as described in Section 501(c)(3) of the United States Internal Revenue Code with Articles of Incorporation on file with the State of Minnesota; or a governmental unit or department or agency of the State of Minnesota.
- An organization not meeting this requirement may apply to the Five Wings Arts Council through a fiscal agent
- Community Arts Access Project Grants are designed to either produce or sponsor a community arts activity.
- Applicant is required to provide at least 25% cash match of the total project cost.
- Grants are awarded based upon artistic quality, the ability of the applicant to carry out the activity, and the relevancy of the project to meet a community need.
- Application deadlines are January 15, April 15, July 15, October 15 for projects beginning no sooner than two months after the application deadline date. Note: Community Education departments should use this application (not the Schools Arts Project application).
To determine eligibility and for complete details it is advised to read the Guidelines for Community Arts Access Project Grants prior to completing the application.
SMALL GRANTS FOR COMMUNITY ARTS PROJECTS
- Grants of up to $1000 to arts organizations, community groups, and schools located in Todd, Morrison, Wadena, Cass, and Crow Wing counties of Minnesota. The applicant must be a Minnesota non-profit, tax-exempt organization as described in Section 501(c)(3) of the United States Internal Revenue Code with Articles of Incorporation on file with the State of Minnesota; a public school, or a governmental unit or department or agency of the State of Minnesota.
- The Small Grants program is intended to sponsor an arts activity of a first time arts producer or presenter, or a sudden opportunity of a previously funded applicant.
- No cash match is required for this grant program, however applications with a match may be viewed as a stronger application over one that doesn’t have a match.
- Small Grant applications are accepted on an ongoing basis throughout the year. Please note that grant applications must be received by the first Friday of the month in order to be considered at the corresponding FWAC board meeting held on the fourth Tuesday of each month. (Note: Board does not meet during July or December each year)
To determine eligibility and for complete details please read the Guidelines for Small Grants prior to completing the application.
SCHOOL ARTS PROJECT GRANTS
- Grants up to $5,000 (no match required) are available to public schools in Todd, Morrison, Wadena, Cass and Crow Wing Counties of Minnesota to supplement and enrich (not replace) the arts education already being provided to the region's students.
- Project examples include, but are not limited to; artist residencies, arts education field trips, and other non-curriculum arts activities.
- School Arts Project Grant applications will be accepted on an ONGOING basis throughout the year. Please note that applications must be received by the first Friday of the month, in order to be reviewed at that month's FWAC Board meeting, held the fourth Tuesday of each month (except for July and December, when the board doesn't meet.) Projects cannot begin before two weeks after the board review and decision. Note: Community Education departments should use the Community Arts Access Project Grant application rather than School Arts Project Grants.
To determine eligibility and for complete details it is advised to read the Guidelines for School Arts Project Grants prior to completing the application.
GENERAL OPERATING SUPPORT GRANTS
IMPORTANT: Please call the Five Wings Arts Council office BEFORE starting a General Operating grant application to verify eligibility!
- The General Operating and Capital Support Grant program provides unrestricted grant funds to arts organizations, as well as arts affiliates of large institutions, that are in Cass, Crow Wing, Morrison, Todd and Wadena counties, which do not receive general operating support from the Minnesota State Arts Board, have a current 501(c)(3) with the IRS or are an arts-specific affiliate of a large institution.
- General Operating grant funds may be used for administrative, operating and capital expenditures.
- General Operating grant fund levels correlate to the average of the expenses for the last two completed fiscal years.
- Grants are awarded based upon artistic quality, commitment to community access, financial health, and overall stability of the organization.
- General Operating Support Grant applications are accepted once a year, with a September 15th deadline.
PROJECT INCORPORATE GRANTS
Five Wings Arts Council provides financial support and technical assistance to community arts groups in Todd, Morrison, Wadena, Cass and Crow Wing Counties of Minnesota, as they pursue IRS 501 (c) 3 charitable status.
Please contact Five Wing Arts Council staff to discuss your eligibility and the application process.
ORGANIZATIONAL CAPACITY BUILDING - STAFF & BOARD PROFESSIONAL TRAINING & DEVELOPMENT
Five Wings Arts Council provides opportunities for representatives of arts organizations, within Todd, Morrison, Wadena, Cass and Crow Wing Counties of Minnesota, to increase organizational, management, and leadership skills.
Please contact Five Wings Arts Council staff to determine eligibility and to custom design the services needed.