Community Arts Access Project Grants
- Matching grants up to $5,000 are available to nonprofit organizations that reside in Todd, Morrison, Wadena, Cass and Crow Wing Counties of Minnesota.
- Community Arts Access Project Grants are designed to either produce or sponsor a community arts activity.
- Applicant is required to provide at least 25% cash match of the total project cost.
- Grants are awarded based upon artistic quality, need for the project and ability of the applicant to carry out the activity.
- Application deadlines are January 15, April 15, July 15, October 15 for projects beginning no sooner than two months after the application deadline date. Note: Community Education departments should use this application (not the Schools Arts Project application).
To determine eligibility and for complete details it is advised to read the Guidelines for Community Arts Access Project Grants prior to completing the application.
School Arts Project Grants
- Grants up to $5,000 (no match required) are available to public schools in Todd, Morrison, Wadena, Cass and Crow Wing Counties of Minnesota to supplement (not replace) the arts education already being provided to the region's students.
- Project examples include, but are not limited to; artist residencies, arts education field trips, and other non-curriculum arts activities.
- Applications will be accepted on an ongoing basis. Note: Community Education departments should use the Community Arts Access Project Grant application rather than School Arts Project Grants.
To determine eligibility and for complete details it is advised to read the Guidelines for School Arts Project Grants prior to completing the application.
Community Grant Deadline Information:
Grant applications will be accepted on an ONGOING basis throughout the year. Please note that grant applications must be received by the first Friday of the month, in order to be reviewed at that month's FWAC Board meeting, held the fourth Tuesday of each month (except for July and December, when the board doesn't meet.) Projects cannot begin before two weeks after the board review and decision.
General Operating Support Grants
Before beginning the application, please read the Guidelines and Eligibility Requirements thoroughly.
IMPORTANT: Please call the Five Wings Arts Council office BEFORE starting a General Operating grant application to verify eligibility!
The General Operating and Capital Support Grant program provides unrestricted grant funds to arts organizations, as well as arts affiliates of large institutions, that are in Cass, Crow Wing, Morrison, Todd and Wadena counties, which do not receive general operating support from the Minnesota State Arts Board, have a current 501(c)(3) with the IRS or are an arts-specific affiliate of a large institution. These funds may be used for administrative, operating and capital expenditures. Grants are awarded based upon artistic quality, commitment to community access, financial health, and overall stability of the organization.
Small Grants for Community Arts Projects
Five Wings Art Council provides one time or sudden opportunity grants to arts organizations, community groups, and schools located in Todd, Morrison, Wadena, Cass, and Crow Wing counties. Available grants are designed to sponsor an arts activity. No cash match in required for this grant program. Applications are accepted on an ongoing basis throughout the year. Please note that grant applications must be received by the first Friday of the month in order to be considered at the corresponding FWAC board meeting held on the fourth Tuesday of each month. (Note: Board does not meet during July or December each year)
To determine eligibility and for complete details please read the Guidelines for Small Grants prior to completing the application.
Project Incorporate Grants
Five Wings Arts Council provides financial support and technical assistance to community arts groups in Todd, Morrison, Wadena, Cass and Crow Wing Counties of Minnesota, as they pursue IRS 501 (c) 3 charitable status.
Please contact Five Wing Arts Council staff to discuss your eligibility and the application process.
Organizational Capacity Building - Staff & Board Professional Training & Development
Five Wings Arts Council provides opportunities for representatives of arts organizations, within Todd, Morrison, Wadena, Cass and Crow Wing Counties of Minnesota, to increase organizational, management, and leadership skills.
Please contact Five Wings Arts Council staff to determine eligibility and to custom design the services needed.